In the past days, following the strike and protest of Baneh citizens to the killing of two Kurdish Kolbars, there is high security alert in Baneh city due to the presence of numerous anti-riot forces (Riot Police). Moreover, a number of political and civil activists have gone on a 3-day hunger strike in protest to continuous killing of Kurdish Kolbars by Iranian border guards while the majority of the city’s shops still remain closed in support of this protest.
According to the information obtained by KHRN, on September 06, Baneh citizens continued the protests for the third day despite the extensive presence of riot police in the streets and main squares of the city while city’s market remains half-closed.
“Now the city is filled with the sound of helicopters flying in the sky while anti-riot forces have been transferred from Saghez and Sanandaj to Baneh to create an atmosphere of fear and terror as a military convoy. In the past two days, the internet connection has been interrupted in some parts of the city.”, an Eyewitnesses told Kurdistan Human Rights Network.
“At least five people have been wounded by anti-riot forces in the past clashes while a number of anti-riot forces have also been injured during protest rallies. Moreover, yesterday the hospital authorities closed the emergency department and refused to admit the wounded to the hospital following the order issued by security authorities of Baneh city.”, one of the protesters who participated in the Baneh protest yesterday told KHRN.
“A crowd of fifty citizens rallied briefly at the Cinema Square at 10 a.m. today in response to the call of Sardasht civil activists to hold a protest rally.”, an informed source in the city of Sardasht told KHRN.
In an interview with the Kurdistan Human Rights Network, a civilian activist said that the city had been completely militarised and the security forces had been stationed in front of the entrance to the majority of administrative offices in Marivan city.
Early Monday morning, Iranian border guards killed Ghader Bahrami, 41, father of four, and Heydar Faraji, 22. The two men were reportedly not carrying goods and were simply crossing borders.
After carrying the dead bodies of the two men to the hospital, angry protestors stormed into the city hall while breaking the entrance and demanding justice for the victims. In response, armed guards have been positioned across the city centre and in front of governmental buildings.
The following is the full text of a letter by Kurdistan civil and political activists who submitted a copy of their letter to Kurdistan Human Rights Network for publication in their news:
Killing Kolbars, endangering their life for earning a bare living, seems to be a never-ending story. The majority of People in Kurdistan have no other choice but working as Kolbars due to the high unemployment rate, lack of alternative jobs and poverty in this area.
We, a group of civil, political and human rights activists, are going on a three-day hunger strike in sympathy with the family of dead Kolbars by going on a three-day hunger strike and demand the authorities to be accountable to Kurdistan people in this matter.
Kak Hassan Amini, Mohammad Seddiq Kaboudvand, Ismail Mofti Zadeh, Hadi Adab, Hessam Addin Amin, Simin Chaychi, Ejlal Ghavami, Shilan Gilani, Mamoud Mahmoudi and Masoud Kurdpour.
People in the earthquake-stricken areas of Kermanshah: We do not want condolences, we need help
The Fourth anniversary of Sherko Moarefi execution, audio of his last talk before death
The Story of a Kurdish Political Prisoner Executed on His Birthday
On Year Passed: Details of Enforcing the Execution of 25 Sunni Kurdish Prisoners in an Interview with one of their Cell-mates
KHRN releases another annual report on Iran’s Kurdish Kolber workers
Copyright © 2015 KHRN.