A group of known political and civil activists addressed a statement to Chief Justice of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Sadeq Amoli Larijani, and called for the abolition of the death sentence for two Kurdish political prisoners.
The statement- written by a group people including representatives of the Islamic Consultative Assembly, lawyers, university professors and Kurdish political activists- reads as follows:
“The judiciary has now sentenced two other Kurdish youth called Ramin Hossein Panahi and Hedayat Allah Abdullahpour (held at Sanandaj and Orumiyeh prisons) to death. We do not intend to criticize the process of dealing with these two cases. We are optimistic and hopeful that the judges of the Supreme Court of the Islamic Republic of Iran would take all the conditions into considerations within the framework of the law in different stages of the court proceedings. However, due to the current national and international conditions and the fact that Fajr celebrations have begun, we are pleading the court to show leniency and call for the abolition of the death sentence for two Kurdish Sunni political prisoners in order to preserve the expediency of the system and strengthen the national unity and security. It is noteworthy that these two political prisoners are from underprivileged families who have already suffered loss of their loved ones and financial resources due to the regional situations.”
Ramin Hussein Panahi and his brother Afshin Hossein Panahi, both held at Sanandaj Central Prison, have been on hunger strike since January 27 in protest to the unfair trial of Ramin after writing an official letter to the authorities.
Hedayat Abdollahpour, another Kurdish political prisoner whose death sentence was overturned by the Supreme Court a while ago, was sentenced to death again by Revolutionary Court of Orumiyeh (Branch 2) on charges of “assisting the armed action of members of the Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan (PDKI) of Iran by providing shelter, food and supplies for them in addition to acting as one of the main members of PDKI and propaganda activity in favor of that party.
“There is no doubt that the execution of these two Kurdish youths, who do not even have a private plaintiff, will cause disappointment and misery among the widest sections of society. The leniency shown by the court, on the contrary, will enhance the sense of unity and security especially in Kurdish and Sunni areas, particularly under the present circumstances. “, the political activists concluded their statement.
The following people have signed the above-mentioned statement:
1.Dr Ali Shams Borhan, a Political Activist, Founding member of the Kurdish community of the Province
2. Dr Latif Safari, a former Kermanshah representative, member of the board of directors of the parliamentary assembly
3- Dr. Jalalizade, representative and University Professor
4- Dr. Seyyed Mooref Samadi, Member of the Board of Directors of the Assembly of Representatives of ADWAR
5- Dr Khalid Tavakoli, sociologist and political activist
6- Mohammad Baqer Ziaee, a civil activist and director of the Orami community of the centre
7) Abdullah Sohrabi, a member of the Board of Directors of the Kurdish community of the Centre
8. Dr Karim FatahPour, Representative of ADWAR in Ouromiyeh and political activist
9. Dr Hossein Ahmadi Niyaz, Lawyer and political activist
10. Maqsood Azami, ADWAR Representative and Political Activist
11. Mohammad Mohammad Rezayi, ADWAR Representative and Political Activist
12. Jahanshah Abdoho Managing Director of Qasr Shirin community of the centre
13. Adnan Hasan Pour Journalist and Political Activist.
14. Mokhtar Zeraei, Civil Political activist
15. Mozaffar Karimi (Engineer), One of the founders and member of the Board of Directors of the Kurdish community of the Province
16. Hamed Farazi, (Engineer), Civil Political activist
17. Dr Rahim Farahmand is a political activist and member of the founder of the Kurdish community of the Province
People in the earthquake-stricken areas of Kermanshah: We do not want condolences, we need help
The Fourth anniversary of Sherko Moarefi execution, audio of his last talk before death
The Story of a Kurdish Political Prisoner Executed on His Birthday
On Year Passed: Details of Enforcing the Execution of 25 Sunni Kurdish Prisoners in an Interview with one of their Cell-mates
KHRN releases another annual report on Iran’s Kurdish Kolber workers
Copyright © 2015 KHRN.